Saturday, January 28, 2023

Composing for the echo chamber in the room where I sleep, I begin my day.

At 7am, I turned off the alarm that would have gone off at 7:05am, because I was awakened by a text from another in a later time zone, apologizing for something they felt bad about that had not even occurred to me:

"I didn't realize yesterday was Friday. I apologize." ~J.

Softly I slipped back to slumber wanting only to sleep till I would naturally wake up.

9am I wake, bewildered by vivid dreams of driving in snowy cul-de-sacs in my bright red Fiat discussing the astrology transits with Andre who is adamant that we can break into the building through the parking garage if we must.

Early morning dreams are best not interpreted; better to use owl eyes and look lightly through the web of feelings for a simple message.

Why are dreams just before waking so strange?

Why do I care?

What am I imagining them to mean?

No, Grammarly, I'm not choosing your suggested rephrasing.

Concision is not always the best choice for self-expression when the mind (that we are not) is trying to make sense of the non-sensical that showed up in an early morning mirage.