Wednesday, December 20, 2006

morning meditation to a beloved

Beloved,

from a dream
I can't remember
do I wake
pondering and knowing
I would drink in
the scent of your skin
were you near
were you here
before the day begins
before we set
about to tasks
we lovingly will begin or complete
tasks both sacred and mundane

for we have loved
one another
before all else
setting the tone
lighting the stage
for a dance
an adventure
without why and therefore
all things possible is our guide
and our deep minds speak well to each other
and our hearts practice silence
that god and goddess keep company with us
another day, another night


I wake overflowing
with a desire to love, to love, to love
to love all that crosses my path
to cherish those that meet my gaze

let me pour myself like honey
into your open mouth
and i will caress you
from the inside out


a good theme for any day