Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Today, again I stopped making plans

Yes, I will do what is before me that needs to be done.
Yes, I will have tea as often as I am compelled.
Yes, I will eventually go to sleep this night.

And YES, I have the list of places I would like to visit, things I would like to do, crafted before I was reminded through an evening of humor and simplicity and forthright laughter:

Be. Here. Now.

What was I thinking? Oh wait, that was the culprit, I was thinking and way too much.

Today a friend asked me: "Are you happy?"

It was in the stopping to think about it I came up with the yes/no answer.

I Rewind.
Attempt to assuage the part of me that values thinking.
Ask me again, I request.

"Are you happy?"

I breathe in and breathe out. Why yes I am.

God remind me of what it is to be of an age I could get myself about, ask for what I wanted, give hugs freely and say I love you unabashedly for no apparent reason.

The days I made new best friends at the playground
without even thinking.