Saturday, September 12, 2009

Paul Coelho asks: What is Heaven? And Hell?

And 1060 comments later I add...

Heaven is an ever changing event trapped in the context of time, the day, the hour, a moment.

Watching my ten year old dance in the living room behind me is the current version of Heaven being shown me.

Feeling connected to loved ones is Heaven. And when am I not connected? Well that would be the other side of this illusion called Life and therefore Hell.

Loved Ones surround me in all forms and I genuinely feel as connected to trees and birds and stones and water and the stars as I do my daughter, family and friends.

Trees my sisters
Stones my companions
Birds my harbingers
Clouds my teachers
Water my comfort

To cast myself across the Earth’s verdant and goldenness…Heaven
To be trapped in a concrete city…Hell
To receive a kiss my angel..Heaven
To feel as close as can be in conversation…Heaven
To be isolated from the ones I love…My illusion of Hell

The Alchemy of Love

What say you dear reader?

http://paulocoelhoblog.com