Wednesday, May 31, 2006

the quality of the listening
with true silence on my part
makes all the difference
for you doesn't it?

how you honor me
sharing like you will
so authentically
in search of understanding
and a piece of peace

for who am in the world?
struggling up my own mountain
sometimes even properly equipped

it's the days I pack my wings
that upon reaching a new summit level
I take a break from Earth's floor
and check out what's fresh in Heaven

sometimes I feel ready to stay in the celestial
then some angel asks me where'd you get those wings?
made them myself actually, at the Bumbershoot Festival in 1998
and then I bid farewell and drift back down to solid ground
head home for an evening of the copy game, Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle, and falling asleep in my daughter's bed
hamster's wheel squeaking and princess night light
showing me the way and where I belong
for now.

many more to listen to tomorrow
happy to do it.

Heaven will simply need to wait awhile for me and my wings made of pink foil and wire hangers.