Sunday, September 24, 2006

Haiku series : Lunchtime enlightenment

Tell yourself yes, you
Have faith in the divine
for the sun rises daily

Practicing patience
Best make it a game to play
Wait, life's but this too

As I watch her play
And a smile forms, so slightly
I join in her dance

She tells me that she
is my daughter who prefers
water over juice!

I amble this morning
collecting rocks from that beach
mind full of wish rocks

Milky clear agate
My little moon keeps company
And that makes you near

Poet to poet
we begin to explore
and what is sacredI ask my own self
How much do I want to know

Not that much, no way!
And god then shines light
interrogating me, eh?
No, just warming a heart

How bright the green grass
After a cold night and snow
What next? Crocus surely!

Never send roses
more than one at a time
delivered in person

2.14.06