Wednesday, September 20, 2006

the week in film

I write not so much this week, as I recover
From an illness that made me want only to lie down
Stay down and wimper to be spoonfed love
But there was no one. Just me and my film friends.

Almost peaceful, the tailors got back to living post war and love restored.

I saw Dr. Lewis seduced.
"Oh Germain." Life is breathed back into the fishing village. And community made it possible.

Pass me a piece of Maya Angelou pie heavy with cream and love and I swear she was marrying me to Frankie Anderson, gentleman and artist who waited till bonds were tied with words of love and wonder.

Who did God create for me? And will they spoon feed me weak sweet tea while my fever burns through my body, someday?

For having survived without the companion to care for me I was reminded of how strong I am and yet how vulnerable I want to be.

Whole and part and whole and part.