Sunday, July 26, 2009

The Perks of Being a Cool Mom

1:40am

Parenting strikes me as the sweetest past-time I have tonight.

Tomorrow it may be another activity but for now, I am wide awake and reliving the evening's ongoing activities.

They swam and swam and swam as long I would let them.
They dined like the young ladies they are, complimenting my fine grilled cheese sandwiches as "the best and quite tasty. "
Then they asked for their ice cream.
They launched a movie to watch tossing them selves across the carpet and said,
"Ready for kettle korn. A BIG bowl."

To be witness to a young pure friendship brings the widest smile I can possibly make to my face. And I forget awhile all the things I have promised myself I will do while they amuse themselves. To be an eavesdropper this evening is my dessert.

Two bright and happy and funny little girls are being so present to each other they have forgotten I am here.

Till they realize they are hungry again...