Sunday, August 20, 2006

The catalyst

I meet myself to indulge in a feast for my senses
revisiting the scent of a promised embrace
imagining the feel of being firmly caught up
by outstretched arms
and making sweet love against a standing stone that faces the sea

Sand between my toes
I will take to bed with me this night

And to think it has yet to happen

A grand dousing of possibility colored my fresh canvas this day
A watercolor wash rich in pure bright pigments of passion and vitality
Applied heavily in undulating brush strokes
Took my breath away
I look now like a spent native dancer
bejewelled and drenched in colors
that smudged all I touched

A grand dousing of possibility colored my fresh canvas this day
And to think it has yet to happen.

It is a lovely conversation that leaves me
closer and closer and closer
to the Beloved