Friday, December 09, 2005

Last Season's Harvest


11.11.2004
Rain falling lightly
I stand beneath an arbor of evergreens
I breathe in the scent of wet winter earth
With ecstatic fingertips I caress the velvet green moss that drapes the slender young firs standing like silent sentinels
Maple leaves gold and brown
Fall like ticker tape to the fertile ground with each blessed breath from above
What flavor of love are you in the body you inhabit? I ask
I am the flavor of delicious for every tongue that touches me
I am the flavor of love

December haikus

Passing the Knarled One
I see the Season to come,
So Many green apples!

Someone has planted
Broomsticks on my path to work
Winter's trees, so fair

My soul so Exposed
Like a Tree without Leaves
So very busy Underground

Winter instructs Me
Sit still, Be quiet, Go Nowhere
Let the World Seek You

Calm dear child of God
Sweet is the Silence you keep
Your Place of Power

Spring trees counsel Me
As sap runs through my hollows
What Next will be Clear

Dormant buds whisper
When we break the soil apart
Celebrate Life Now!

I.
The many fingers
Of the Evergreens beckon
Let us caress you

II.
Wind, brave Wind tell me
Why do you dance with the trees
So passionately?

III.
I see not your roots
I see all your tendrils fair
Bless the stock you are

12.14.2004

After darkness lifts
Early morning light illumes
Another golden day

12.15.04

It was Winter then
and Winter it is now
what has changed? Much.

12.9.05