Friday, December 02, 2005

Truth in Advertising


After another frenetic period of seeking "the one" via the internet options for that next significant other a conclusion has been reached and I know now why I do not post what I am looking for in a partner for all the world to easily read...and will cease to visit craigslist.org for that man seeking a woman who piques my interest. But I may continue to collect character studies for my future novella and short stories...

If they presumed me too good to be true, what would I do? Or say?

And when they offer themselves so openly in cyberspace and I find that at the first meeting they'd love to see the evening play out differently then they promised in their post...(well you get my line of logic I hope).

Back to the drawing board and return to a simpler way of meeting new people.

Go places
Show up
Be available
Talk to the one who smiles at you
Buy one ticket for a concert and go alone

Who knows what might happen?

Maybe I'll start running my grocery cart into the people that intrigue me at the store.

Maybe I'll ask to sit at a stranger's table at the not so busy coffeehouse in the name of leaving the table for two or more for two or more.

Back in college I willingly and selectively sat at the available spaces when the coffeehouse was crowded. And made some great friends in the process, theoretically by accident...

Man's accidents are God's purposes. An aphorism penned by Sophia Hawthorne (wife of Nathaniel Hawthorne) a long time ago.

May god see fit to what accidents and coincidences befall me now that my major study and minor obsession with internet boyfriend options is over.

Thanks to all the focus group participants for showing your true colors. Life is always a grand experience if you are open to it. And chockful of wisdom to be applied to present and future. Again on the condition, you are willing to see it when handed to you on a silver platter.

12.2.05